Paul and Howard talk about the relationship between muscle mass, strength, and longevity. There is a Fairly Crap Transcript™ here.
- Why muscle mass is important, and not just for bodybuilders
- The loss of muscle with age, the technical term for which is sarcopenia
- The many consequences of loss of muscle tone are many, from strength, to metabolic syndrome, to Alzheimer’s
- How you can preserve muscle tone without going to a gym, and do it as efficiently as possible
- Muscle mass, strength, and longevity
- Changes in Body Composition Measures With Risk of Heart Failure and Myocardial Infarction in Type 2 Diabetes
- Stronger legs: Six reasons you should start squatting today
Music & Disclaimers:
- Crossing the Chasm by Kevin MacLeod Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/3562-crossing-the-chasm License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Marty Gots A Plan by Kevin MacLeod Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/4992-marty-gots-a-plan License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Disclaimers apply and can be heard at the end of the episode.
Muscle Mass, Strength, and Longevity