Smart, candid, and experienced analysis, ideas and tips about health, fitness, and longevity from two athletes and sports orthopedic surgeon—and guests.
Subscribe and listen on major platforms
Why We're Doing This.
Basically, we wanted a chance to talk more about this important topic. We like to share the latest thinking on health., fitness, and longevity—and we do it all the time via email and social media—so this lets us do it another way.
In this episode Paul and Howard talk about fitness and heart-related measures, from resting heart rate to heart rate variability. We will get into this topic in much more detail in some upcoming episodes.
- Recovery heart rate: Why it matters and how to measure it
- Resting heart rate’s importance in health and fitness
- Heart rate variability as a proxy for stress and fitness
- Heart rate variability (HRV) for monitoring health
- Zone 2 heart rate training for longevity and performance
Music & Disclaimers:
- Crossing the Chasm by Kevin MacLeod Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/3562-crossing-the-chasm License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Marty Gots A Plan by Kevin MacLeod Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/4992-marty-gots-a-plan License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Disclaimers apply and can be heard at the end of the episode
What People Say
Meet Your Hosts
Howard Luks is a top sports orthopedic surgeon, as well as a trail runner and prolific writer on fitness and longevity.
Howard is an active trail runner and tennis player, both sports at which he has competed.